Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Susan Trindle and James W Wilson

The Daily Iowa Capitol (Des Moines)  20 Oct 1899

Susan Trindle, the wife of George Ewing was visiting her daughter Florence Viola.  Florence had married James W. Wilson on 16 Dec 1882 in Dallas County, IA.    

Before finding this notice in the newspaper I had trouble finding the Wilsons in the census. I subsequently found them in 1900 in the township of Walnut in Polk county.  

Then...a reminder that I should never take the research of others as given fact.  I had been told by a descendant of George Ewing that the Wilsons had a son James Roy, a son Fred and a daughter who died in infancy.  I was quite intrigued to find that Frederick  had a twin brother, Floyd,  who was living in 1900 and still living in 1910.  I have more homework to do on this family.  

If anyone has information (with sources) I would love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment